Event Medical Management & Medical Standby
You can’t afford to go without it!
- Equestrian Events
- Film and Television
- School, and Community Events
- Motorsport Medical Coverage
- Concerts and Galas
- Theatre Productions and Festivals
- Marathon’s, Duathlon’s, Tri-athlon’s and other running events
- Road, Track Cycling and Mountain Bike Events
get link Health and Safety of attendees to ANY event should become an integral part of the planning, management process and general culture of the Event organizer.
http://growtrees.org/contrast-essays/ contrast essays One of Helivac’s core divisions specializes in Medical Event Management and Medical Standby.
Our team of qualified, registered medical staff will provide dedicated, on-site medical care at all types of events. Helivac has acquired fully equipped ambulances, response vehicles and an ATV quad bike specifically to service ANY event.
As per the SASREB, a legal requirement now exists whereby medical services are required to be on site at an event. Helivac can provide this service in conjunction with the minimum medical requirements as per the SANS 10366 and will cater the medical requirements to suit your event needs while ensuring compliance with legislation.
view Every event is unique- as are the medical requirements. The size; location; duration; and number of people attending the event are just some of the contributing factors determining the medical compliment. This means that the Medical Staff will only tailor the medical requirements after taking all these factors into consideration. A member of our Event Management Team will be present at all the on-site/ pre-planning meetings and will liaise with all the hospitals and other emergency services in the area. A medical procedure plan will be provided for every event as well as the emergency procedure planning documentation as required by the local council in the area in which your event is being held.
An important consideration to keep in mind when choosing your medical team for your events is whether they can transport a patient from the event location to the nearest hospital if need be. Helivac is registered with the BHF (Board of Health Care Funders). This added benefit ensures that there is no delay in getting a patient to hospital, without affecting the dedicated on-site medical resources therefore your event will still comply with legislation.
As part of our Team, Helivac also has a safety officer who is trained in Health, Safety and Environmental legislation in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. This benefit can be utilized separately or as part of your entire medical needs for a specific event.
How To Write A Dissertation Synopsis Our equipment and resources include:
- Emergency response & patient transport vehicles
- Medical triage and treatment tents
- First aid supplies and equipment
- Basic Life Support Supplies and equipment
- Oxygen Therapy Supplies and equipment
- Cardiac Defibrillation Services
- Intravenous Therapy/ Services
- Symptom relief medications
- Over the counter medications
- Advanced care medications
Helivac specifically selects their staff based on professional experience, current clinical knowledge, compassion and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people and communities.
General Planning of an event
go site Before Event confirmed with Helivac:
- Once you contact us, and complete an enquiry form, we use an assessment tool based on the industry standards to access and confirm the level of resources your event will require.
- Adding a lot of experience and a pinch of common sense, we will provide a recommendation as to the cover we consider required.
- Helivac will issue you with a quote as well as a standard terms and conditions of business.
- Once you have accepted the quote, signed it off and returned a copy to us, you will receive confirmation from us.
- A contractual agreement then exists between Helivac Events Medical Management and yourself, the client.
follow site Pre Event
- A Medical Plan will be drawn up indicating all your safety, emergency and disaster management plans to be implemented.
- You will be made aware of the staff that will be attending the event from Helivac, and the team leader coordinating the day.
- Our staff will make themselves known to your Event organizer (or other contacts specified on Event Enquiry Form), if this has not already taken place, as soon as they arrive at the event site.
- One member of our staff will be designated as a point of contact between us and you; any issues will be dealt with swiftly by this person.
- Report Forms will be completed for every casualty treated by the Medical Event Staff. (These will be filed in secure archives as per data protection policies.)
see After your Event:
- The Event organizer will receive a summary report of all the casualties treated at the event, with basic details, giving them the ability to follow up and gain further feedback.
Why do I need first aid at my Event?
here Quick response is the key to any medical emergency. Onsite EMT’s provide professional, prompt medical care. In the case of a serious, life threatening emergency it is vital that patients receive medical care immediately.
Can we afford this?
The question should really be- can we not? Unfortunately the ramifications, and potential costs to your brand and event may be far more extreme and long term if something were to take place, and you had not properly planned.
Considerations and information that needs to be gathered for an event by the Medical Events team you are working with.
1. Event date and location
2. Description of the event
3. Event manager (Named person; agency; & title with overall operational responsibility for the event)
4. Event times (Opening and closing of the event.)
5. Details of Crowd Profile (ie. family groups; young adults; elderly; male/ female splits.)
6. Capacity (The licence capacity; the anticipated attendance figures at any given time.)
7. Resource Times (Medical; ambulance and first aid start and finish times, including any phased resource levels. Sufficient time should be allowed prior to public access to the site, to set up equipment/ resource positions and at the event for the treatment of remaining casualties at medical posts.)
8. Build up and Break down (Medical, ambulance and first aid cover during the build up and breakdown of the event.)
9. Queuing (Consider the need for medical, ambulance and first aid provision before gates open or at the end of an event.)
10. Camp Sites (Events with overnight camp site should have appropriate medical, ambulance and first aid cover.)
11. Main medical centre (Depending on the size and nature of the event, a number of medical facilities should be planned for; however one should be designated as the main medical facility.)
12. Other Medical/ First Aid posts (A number of other medical/ first aid posts should be considered- appropriate size and properly equipped.)
13. Clinical waste (Medical Events company to handle appropriately.)
14. Parking (Safe.)
15. Welfare/ catering arrangements for all staff of an event
16. Treatment documentation (Provisions made ensure appointed medical providers have a record of all those who received treatment at the event.)
17. Maintaining cover (An appropriate level of cover must be maintained throughout the event, for example if a casualty is removed from site by an ambulance, arrangements must be made to replace the vehicle.)
18. Vehicle Management (How do vehicles enter the site, incl. medical and first aid vehicles? Are these vehicles subject to a vehicle curfew? Consideration should be given to ambulances access. Reserved routes for the exclusive use of emergency services. Other traffic management issues need to be considered. Certain events a medical evacuation by helicopter may be necessary, a suitable helicopter landing site should be identified.)
19. Participants (A detailed total number of participants; age range; female/ male split and number of wheelchair entries.)
20. No of spectators if an outdoor public area event (Expected numbers.)
21. Route if an outdoor public area event (Details)
22. On Route Refreshment/ First Aid and Medical posts)
23. Pre-notified Medical Conditions (Is there a procedure for pre-notified medical conditions? How is this information collated and who will receive the info at the event?)
24. Hospitals (All nearest facilities to accommodate for Medical Emergencies at the event)
25. Emergency RVP (Rendezvous point) in the event of a major incident at the event.
26. Staff Parking
Multiple Levels Pre-Hospital Care Available
The Event Medical Staff that are used not only perform Basic but Advanced Life Support Skills too.
Facility First Aid
Tradeshows and similar events are often projects of a significant scope and size. Organizers know that Health and Safety is paramount for exhibitors and patrons alike in the long working hours of that environment.
Medical patrols and fully equipped first aid rooms and/or booths will provide peace of mind for show organizers and insurance companies alike.
Multi-Terrain EMS vehicles are capable of bringing medical staff and equipment to injured riders quickly and safely.
Film and Television
Maintaining proper Occupational Health and Safety onset can be challenging. Helivac can work with all production staff, including stunt coordinators, pyro technicians, and performers to endure safety concerns are met and proper medical aid is available through out your production cycle.
School, and Community Events
A medical team is an essential part of any outdoor event including Picnics, Fundraisers, Community, Rugby, School level athletes and other sporting events.
Motorsport Medical Coverage
Our experienced and trained Medical staff provide coverage for Rally; Go-cart racing; Drag racing; Motorcycle and all other types of motorsport events. Our vehicles, equipment and training are suited for all types of vehicle extrication and providing pre-hospital care for high speed trauma.
Our staff work alongside allied emergency services including fire fighters to facilitate immediate transfer of patient care to a trauma centre.
Concerts and Galas
Ultimately having a medical team in place will add an extra watchful eye to any event. These services can range from medical stations, to roaming patrols and can vary in visibility from a discreet team, to a very high profile and easily assessable team. Our medics will provide an initial response to an injured or sick patron, and initiate care- from there transporting to a higher medical authority.
A Medical team specializing in events will keep your insurance costs down, and provide a safe environment for your concert gala or special event attendees.
Theatre Productions and Festivals
Not only is it important to have a team in place for the people performing and entertaining, but to have a team in place for the guests attending.
Marathons, Dualathons; Trianthlons and other running events
An important consideration when dealing with any out door event is the potential spectators that may attend. This is not always predictable, and becomes important that the Medical Team is organized.
Road, Track Cycling and Mountain Bike Events
Other sporting events
Water based events come with a whole added dynamic.